Instructions for authors
Authors interested in participating in "TOURISM 2017 - 2nd International Conference on Global Tourism and Sustainability" must create a personal profile before proceeding to additional steps, such as abstract submission. A link to creat your profile is provided here or by using the side bar menu.
Later on you may log-in to your profile, submit an abstract and a paper, add a co-author, or update your profile information, using the side bar menu.
IMPORTANT: Complete registration in the conference will be done by using the personal profile log-in system.
1. Official language of the conference for publication purposes is ENGLISH. Therefore, abstracts and papers must be submitted in English.
2. Official languages of the conference for oral presentations are ENGLISH, SPANISH and PORTUGUESE. Parallel sessions will be organised according to the topics and the working language.
The organisers of "TOURISM 2017 - 2nd International Conference on Global Tourism and Sustainability" would like to invite you to submit an abstract of your recent work for presentation.
All abstracts must be submitted on-line using the web-based system. A link to abstract submission system is provided at your profile web page.
The following provides details required for a successful abstract submission:
1. Abstracts submission deadlines - please see "Dates".
2. Abstracts are limited to 300 words.
3. Each abstract must be submitted by the "corresponding" author of the paper.
4. We strongly encourage the submission of abstracts concerning current, original and unpublished work not yet presented in other events.
5. Please follow the instructions for the submission of abstracts available at the "Abstracts Submission" web page at the side bar menu.
6. Select one of the Topics (using the drop-down menu) fitting better the thematic of your abstract. Conference topics are available here or by using the side bar menu.
7. Enter the abstract in the text box provided.
8. It is not possible to upload a Microsoft Word, Open Office or PDF file of your abstract by using the web-based system.
9. Abstracts sent via e-mail will not be considered and authors will be invited to submit it on-line.
10. All abstracts must be written in English, the official language of "TOURISM 2017 - International Conference on Global Tourism and Sustainability".
11. The abstract submission system will provide a confirmation e-mail.
12. The peer-review process will be according with the following:
Step 1: Following your submission, your abstract will be peer-reviewed for acceptance;
Step 2: You will then receive an e-mail containing the revision result ("Accepted", "Accepted Conditionally" or "Denied"); in the second case proper guidance will be provided;
Step 3: Steps 1 and 2 are to be repeated if your abstract needs revision; if "Accepted" your submission is completed.
Information on papers submission process is provided bellow:
1. Papers submission deadlines - please see "Dates".
2. Only original papers, resulting from original research work, will be considered. Authors are responsible for co-authorship statement (if and when necessary) and for the originality of submitted articles.
3. Plagiarism will be the responsibility of authors, despite the fact the Organising Committee and the Scientific Committee will try to prevent it by all possible means.
4. All opinions and statements produced in published papers are of the author's responsibility.
5. Make sure to check spelling, grammar, all text and figures before submitting your "Full Paper" using the on-line system.
6. Eliminate any references that are commercial and/or product advertisement.
7. Papers must must be written in ENGLISH and comply with the "template" and "instructions for authors" files provided here or by using the side bar menu. For the sake of publication we will respect the headers of the paper.
8. References must follow author/date referencing and the Harvard System for the references list.
9. The maximum paper length is 10 (ten) pages.
10. Figures can be in full colour for electronic publication. For print-on-demand purposes, figures will be converted into grey scale.
One registration is only valid for one paper for publication and podium presentation.
A special publication fee is applied for each additional paper submitted by the same author.
However, any author may be co-author of a paper submitted by another presenting author with a fully registration.
12. All co-authors are encouraged to register and attend "TOURISM 2017 - 2nd International Conference on Global Tourism and Sustainability".
13. Please note that only papers presented by registered participants will be included in the "TOURISM 2017 - Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Global Tourism and Sustainability".
14. Please note that only MSW (Microsoft Word - *.doc or *.docx) or OO (Oppen Office - *.odt) files will be accepted by the papers submission on-line system.
15. The review process will be as follows:
Step 1: Following submission, papers compliance with the proceedings publishing rules will be checked (format, references, lenght, ...). If not, authors will be invited to resubmit papers according to the publishing rules.
Step 2: Following format compliance, papers will be peer-reviewed by the Scientific Committee.
Step 3: Authors will then receive an e-mail containing the revision result ("Accepted", "Needs Revision" or "Denied"); in the second case proper guidance will be provided;
Step 4: Steps 1, 2 and 3 are to be repeated if your paper "Needs Revision"; if "Accepted" the submission is completed.
Information on podium presentations is provided bellow:
1. Presentations are up to 20 minutes.
2. Presentations may be in ENGLISH, SPANISH and PORTUGUESE.
3. Please do not read paper; it's much more interesting for other Delegates to hear a free presentation with significant items/images on slides.
4. If you're not a native speaker and you intend to present in English it is advisable to include some English text in your slides.
5. If possible include caption on pictures [e.g.: This shows a section of .............]
6. Whenever possible parallel Sessions will be organised according to the working language of the presentations: English sessions and Spanish/Portuguese sessions.
7. Video equipment will be available in each room.
8. Presentations using the file formats *.pdf, *.ppt and *.pptx will be accepted. The use of other formats must be previously checked (please contact the Conference Secretariat).
9. If you are a Mac user a VGA adapter will be provided.
10. Any special requirements regarding the podium presentation, such as sound or video systems must be checked priorly with the Conference secretariat.
By submitting a paper, authors agree with the following:
1. It should be understood by Authors that the submission of a paper authorises its publication in the "TOURISM 2017 - Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Global Tourism and Sustainability" and no further formal agreement will be required.
2. The Publisher is permitted to publish (printed and on-line), advertise and sell the book of "TOURISM 2017 - Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Global Tourism and Sustainability" without further authorisation from the authors.
3. As publisher, the Green Lines Institute for Sustainable Development will defend papers against plagiarism and copyright infringement, and to that end, Green Lines Institute for Sustainable Development will take all reasonable steps to act against unauthorised replication of an article in part or in whole.
4. Green Lines Institute for Sustainable Development will also declare maintenance of the integrity of a paper, that is a definitive, citeable, permanent and secure record of a paper accessible in perpetuity.
5. The Publisher will also supply definitive information on how to cite the article in both print an on-line formats.
6. Authors will need written permission from Green Lines Institute for Sustainable Development in the following cases:
a) Inclusion of a paper in a course pack for onward sale by a third party e.g. the library of an author's institution;
b) Distribution in printed or electronic form by any third party such as a website, listserv, content aggregator, or conference organiser;
c) Distribution in printed or electronic form to the commercial benefit of an author, an author's institution or employer, or a third party.